SETTLERS BAY GOLF COURSE 2023 GOLF SEASON
Pro Shop Sales Associate
As a Pro Shop Sales Associate of Settlers Bay Golf Course, you are an integral part of our customer service staff. In the business of recreation, the service staff is in place to help fulfill guest needs and assist in their overall enjoyment and experience. Settlers Bay Golf Course has the best product bar none but, without you, we would be a park! You are the bridge between guests and management as well as our course ambassadors.
- Arrive on time and ready to work in the proper uniform while meeting exceptional hygiene and grooming specifications
- Maintain a service and customer-focused attitude with all persons contacted on the property while completing all daily operational tasks; Maintain and promote a positive and professional image within the community
- Cash handling – Proficient and expeditious management of all transactions and daily reconciliations; possess basic math skills and have the ability to accurately handle money and maintain a cash drawer
- Familiarization with all products of sale to better assist guests and positively contribute to the flow of daily business; Assist guests with questions regarding food and beverage menu selections and input selections correctly into the POS
- Possess strong organizational skills, multitasker, and works well with others; Consistent performance under high volume and is ready and willing to assist fellow servers as situations arise
Position Outline, Requirements, and Responsibilities:
- Be able to think on your feet and anticipate customer needs
- Provide timely, accurate, and friendly service while providing the highest quality service for our guests
- Assist with golfer check-in and fee collection; control and manage play; Make an effort to remember their name
- Assist in the inventory: purchase and sale of merchandise, merchandising, and inventory counts
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the retail counter, product displays, and stock room
- Assist with all opening and closing procedures and maintains proper respect for all course product and equipment
- Assist with management of outside service staff to ensure the highest quality of customer service is achieved
- Assist in coordinating golf activities with other departments
- Comfortable talking on the phone in a professional manner regarding golf course conditions, setting up tee times, and setting up lessons for teaching professionals
- Experienced in written and oral business communications as well as computer usage, including Microsoft Word and Excel. Proficient in other applications such as email, internet, tournament, and database.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Must be able to move at a brisk pace relative to the level of business.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop, and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
*This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.